We have added a number of safety procedures and measures to our studios. It is very important to us that our dancers who choose to join in-person classes will feel comfortable while in the studio. Please refer to our COVID Studio Tour video for information about keeping our studio safe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPDojIFwL90&feature=youtu.be
We have a limited number of spots for in-person instruction to allow for social distancing and all dancers are required to wear masks. These spots are first come, first serve.
The Zoom class option will always be available for registered dancers. If any parent or dancer feels unsafe at any time, you can opt to switch from "In-Person" to "Zoom" instructional method.
We also require that any dancer who is sick or experiences COVID-related symptoms does not attend in-person classes. This also applies to a dancer who lives in a household with a person experiencing these symptoms. We thank you for adhering to this requirement in order to keep our dancers, instructors, staff, and studio safe. Dancers can attend their registered classes via Zoom if they must stay home.
The Dance Factory's Studio Policies for In-Person Instruction
- If you arrive at The Dance Factory early, please wait in your car until 5 minutes before the start of your class.
- Please be fully dressed for class and wear a face mask as you enter the waiting room.
- Waiting rooms are closed to parents, siblings, and other non-dancers unless your dancer is in Kindergarten or younger. After young dancers enter the dance room, please exit the waiting room. To maintain the cleanliness of our studio, our waiting rooms will be closed to non-dancers.
- Once in the waiting room, please find an open "6 Feet Apart" sticker to put on your dance shoes and wait to enter class. Street shoes must be put away in your dance bag.
- Upon entering the dance room, your teacher will check your temperature. Please also sanitize your hands. We have multiple hand sanitizer stations set up in each studio.
- After entering the dance room, find a numbered hook for your belongings and go to the corresponding spot/number on the dance floor.
- For preschool classes, dancers will be provided with a personal prop bag to use during class. This bag can also hold shoes and will be brought to the dancer's spot to change shoes during class.
- Students will exit the dance rooms through the back doors. Parents/guardians for younger dancers should meet their dancers behind the studio. Please refer to the video (linked above) if you are unsure how to access the back of the studios.